Another move

It's been awhile I wrote something. I didn't enjoy staying away from blog. Mornings were pumped with a torrent of thoughts, many days. Missed penning them down.
Anyway, I moved to NJ, close to NYC for new job. Changed place, changed friend(s), wallet, recently got a new laptop finally, new various other things. The transition was much needed, indeed. A week back or so unpacked things that were in boxes for a over a month, got rid of tonnes of papers that I've been carrying since 2013. Long time I know. Never got chance to look into them. Inertia is within me is strong to not rattle things, make changes. That fear of making things bad, breaking persists, lives inside me.

I'm still trying to get hold of all the changes: commute, cooking, lunch box, knowing bus terminal, shuttle drop-offs. It's overwhelming. At work I've found the groove but things are still settling; just assembled my chair, got external monitor a few days back. New machine is pending, still. New friends, shopping on Thanksgiving, IKEA shopping again - yay!, road trip, skiing. Playing FIFA, I can't even put FIFA's euphoria into words. It's an absolute 180° turn from my time back in Washington, DC. I had wanted these things long, very long back since moving out of college in 2011. Nevertheless, here we're.!
Back to flossing after long time, running to continue some exercises. Apparently, I cannot seem to fit swimming - gym's bill and timings into my schedule and budget. Running nonetheless is amazing here, too. I run along Weehawken waterfront that walks parallel to NYC's skyline. Cold breeze slices on windy evenings. I can't wait for the dip in temperature in coming weeks. Rooftop of my apartment is open, giving panoramic view of NYC's skyline. It's absolutely phenomenal. I'm back to reading for good. I engage into novels in an-hour long commute each side. Days have gotten shorter, schedule neatly held up. At times I arrive apartment, freshen up, eat, sleep and head back to work next early morning.

I'm into making further changes: will join gym from coming January. I've begun meditation since this week, I hope to continue it on weekdays, hopefully. I can't wait for this year to end, phew.

PS: This post is from my new lappy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC