Inferno - worth a read?

After a sabbatical, I returned to my maneuver of losing myself into novel(s). This time, I picked the much talked and rated as one of the best sellers of year 2013, Inferno by Dan Brown. The novel is 5th by author. I missed The Lost Symbol, shall get it soon though. Without losing your attention, I will take you through my experience of it.
If you have read other works of Brown, then you would be familiar of his art of gluing you with small intricacies of art and designs. He never refrains from going into the minutest detail of culture,  history, and of course architecture. If you had enjoyed his previous books, this is definitely a go-go for you then. Wait, read the next paragraphs.
Book again revolves and begins with Robert Langdon. This time he wakes up in Florence, Italy, with a wound on the back of his head. Suffering from amnesia, story kick starts. One sign leading to other and the chain-reaction continues.

I was thrilled by the way it is tailored, simply absorbing. I was lost into it. Absolutely an unputdownable. It has meticulously described the domes, gates, gondolas, tearing off of a canvas, blood gushing out of a vein. 
Definitely a worth read, yeah, not everything is as good, as it should have been. There were few things, I didn't quite like about it. Why would the reader be interested in Venice history? How sunlight is piercing the air, or how Langdon looked right, or left? How sinuous are paths? I mean, does he literally want to make his novel a thick bag, which he did actually. No regular reader of Brown would want to read all these. They can find all such flowery things in any of the works for children.

My two cents, it is a gripping and breath holding novel. You would feel a slag in middle, perhaps in the end? 

Comments

  1. Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article.

    Many thanks for providing these details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in snow

Around DC