Should have kept pen and paper

I was running around on Friday, June 21, beginning of summer solstice. I was perspiring by the time I got hold of things from cafeteria. I had a check-list for Friday, after an hour or so quickly walked down athletics department to empty my locker rom. The deadline was June 30 as the session starts in July end or something, until then all the lockers need to be emptied.  I was in rush, to get back to my seat to complete the week.
In this hurry I saw 2004 Nobel Prize winner. I had had seen him few times earlier on-campus, in a seminar or crossing streets. This time I wanted to speak with him, just for a conversation, have his autograph. I stopped, thought multiple times and the process got stuck. He was holding a folder with multiple pages, wearing suit-tie in black and white color. Inevitably I went ahead and said "excuse me". I mumbled few words to confirm if he were Dr. who got Nobel prize. He graciously nodded. I rummaged myself for pen and paper for an autograph, of course they were at my desk. I thought to ask him for his pen and paper, but that would have been too stupid and offensive. I didn't know how to ask or to do next step. Luckily, I didn't leave my phone at desk this time. I mumbled if I could have a photo with him to which he replied "make it fast". I brought all my courage to pull my phone, switch on camera, hysterically flipped camera for a selfie. Tada, I captured one selfie where he's humbly smiling and I'm beaming end to end.

This was something I hadn't dreamt in my wildest of wildest imaginations or someone shared. I was delighted with this event to the fullest.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in snow

Books from yesteryear

Around DC