Books in 2017

Tonight marks the end of year 2017. I'm at rest with the year-end and at peace how things have shaped up. I've few good news for the year-end; holidays are all lightened up for me. It's hard for me to express my solace with recent developments.
Keeping the spirits high I'm listing books I read in 2017 as I'd done for 2016:
  1. Anna Karenina translated by Constance Garnett
  2. City of thieves
  3. Night by Elie Wiesel translation by marion wiesel 
  4. Rape of Nanking the forgotten holocaust of world war II
  5. Dawn by Elie Wiesel
  6. Animal farm
  7. Old man and sea by Ernest Hemingway
  8. Day by Elie Wiesel
  9. Of mice and men
  10. Now the Hell will start One Soldier's Flight from the greatest manhunt of world War II  by Brendan I. Koerner
  11. To kill a mocking bird
  12. The martian by Andy Weir
  13. The Media Monopoly   
  14. The Grapes of wrath
  15. Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 
  16. The heart divided by Mumtaz
  17.  Train to Pakistan
  18.  The Namesake
  19.  The girl with the dragon tattoo    
This list looks impressive to me. I'd read six books yesteryear, can't say I did a bad job in 2017. I may say I accomplished my new-year resolution with full resolve. Following year I'm going to move away from reading, not much, but will definitely cut down.
Currently, I'm reading Sharp Objects by G. Flynn, which I'm not enjoying much.

Happy new year to everyone! :)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC