Goodbye to national capital

For the last time I'm sitting in my endeared balcony. I guess enjoying noise from planes in the sky, sirens from ambulances. Night is beautifully pleasant, close to full moon, breezy. Wrapped in my thoughts, few brooded upon, reliving good memories, burying the heart wrenching ones (Arlington Cemetery is close by). Gazing at small whatsoever Virginia skyline with clear head, empty mind like a clean slate. One on which anything could be etched and everything could be erased, again and again. I am going to miss balcony for an indefinite period of time.
My body is aching and eyes are heavy from all the packing, cleaning. Am moving. This is figuratively and literally, both. I'm moving to the world's financial capital and moving on in my life, further and farther. DC had been the city where I resided, lived more than eighteen months in last more than half-a-decade. I can't believe myself it's been really a long time of more than two and half years. Years pass by but not days, so I've read. Apparently true here.
I've learned things here in DC, pertinent to the spectrum of profession and personal. Few really good, few really really awful. Mixed bagged, as one would have it. DC's colors with unbeatable mix of crowd from different domains, background, politics, finance, policies was nothing more than I could have wished. DC helped me to develop into person with new perspectives, take on new challenges, function and operate with your resolve regardless of the true nature of situations. DC allowed me to explore such a small town by self, took interests in museums, free performances, check out farmer's market and tens of different things right from cupcake to many other insights. I have had the opportunity to travel various cities, few cities multiple times, splendid! I met some really amazing people, people from whom I'm taking tonnes of great learnings, lessons that may be lasting in my memory for the remaining of my life. Teachings about career, how to deal, manage self, workouts, cooking, eating out, finances. I've made some really good friends in the end, that I hope shall stay in touch. I got unrestricted access to finest books for lengthy times, which made days more joyful. My time in DC was tough, harsh. But how only new avenues could tell upon my off-time retrospection.

Last days, mixed feelings they ask. I fail to reply. Whence you say good bye you come to know how much you're going to miss place, people and I reckon vice-versa might be true, too? Not specifically miss to put, but things that were part no longer fill in the life, space and occupy mind. Certainty of someone not arriving, unpredictability of someone joining office and not work from home. All these shades in life, each varying from different person is very colorful. I adore these parts of day-to-day chore. These small things put rhythm in music of life which otherwise gets drab and doleful. I guess I've over the time learnt to say good-byes over frequent moves and new places. Unfortunately and sadly, I've become part of it and I wish to stay a put to this state for good for a good duration now.

I hope I've improved a tad but there's a mammoth sized work to be done to grow, really get along with things, people, situations and whatnot. Time in DC made me realize how, what not I've, lost with respect to life, as a human and how difficult henceforth situations, life, people are going to be. There are a mountain load of things to be learnt, improved. The quest to refinement is endless to me, unfortunately.
I'm looking forward to new life, people, work, colleagues, area, surroundings, challenges, improve to become a human, taste new food, desserts and of course fun times in NYC!

This is my last post from the District, signing out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Around DC

Standing in snow