Tourist places revisited

Living in a small town gives a lot of mobility, or so I believe. Excuses for not checking out new things, events, places or even revisiting places you've been to get depleted. Of course, it's applicable to things you're interested for otherwise regardless of location, size of town, buildings, theaters, gardens, popular spots remain for namesake. May be for some clicking selfie though.
It had been a long time I had gone to museums or attended any performance. Some how spaghetti situations got hold me, yikes. Visiting museums is delightful to me albeit not for many people whom I know. Others find museums boring, just throwing looks as if checking photos on smartphone with no interest or insignificant joy.
One of the many reasons I enjoy museums in the District of Columbia is that they are free, yay! Not all are free, but mostly. There are wealth of things to look, read and learn from these places, free of cost. If you enjoy graphics, high-resolution colored photos, reading tonnes of material then museums are definitely a to go. Museums give a larger picture in chronological order, different timelines, how and what situations led to any unfortunate event or fortunate event, crises, geopolitical factors, discoveries and plenty of other information. If you don't enjoy reading, get tired of standing and love being lazy museums have free guided tours. Hours of material, broader information could be gathered from tours. I've shared interests in politics, of understanding things from multiple points, again and again reading, knowing stuff inked in the history, that makes me fond of museums.

Recently, I again went to Natural history of museum and air and space museum. Reaching or getting back from these is a fuss for both these have multiple entrances and uber picks location which neither passenger can explain nor driver can understand. Natural history can keep you busy for any number of hours with variety of stuffed animals, different documentaries, colored stones, gigantic fish. Simply unbelievable. From jewelry to bison, monkeys, things connoting back to millions or even billions of years, insects, photo gallery and many other things. Absolutely fascinating. I missed few things during my first visit and I again missed few things. Erm.
At Air and space museum ideas revolve around physics, energy, engines, gadgets that were never within my comprehensibility. Nevertheless, I liked the section with different gliders, ships, dresses of world war have been exhibited. I had already watched documentary in auditorium so this time I didn't check that out. It has sections for people to play around with machines to understand laws of physics. Air and space is all about rockets, meteors and such. It didn't take me long time to visit sections I had wanted to again. Not much enticing for me but great to know about of technologies in different wars. 

When I visit these places I see hoards of people, kids, families, people who took vacations from different countries, different cities from the US. There's a different vibe of energy, excitement in these people which I enjoy by visiting these places. Their sole purpose is to enjoy these places in stipulated time to take away a new bag of memories. To me there's a certain degree of splendidness to witness smiles, tiredness, shining eyes, kids wailing, older family members resting. More than knowledge, colors, documentaries it is this beauty that I go for and love to see again and again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC