Redundancy

I often get agitated with things, the way they remain calm and refuse to budge. Perhaps for me things have not been rolling, or maybe I like things flowing, prefer things that change their course keeping me on the go. Things tend to slow down in mid-life and slowest in old age unlike childhood where time flies insanely fast. I was told about this and its analogy with three clock hands long back in summers. I've gotten old that could be another plausible explanation.

For some reason these thoughts perplex me. At times I agree to them, sometimes I fret over them. If I look around I see people doing same things for years and years some successfully, some in vain yet giving their best. If I take example from tennis sport the big four never let their matches to any other and have retained their supremacy on different tennis courts for over a decade now. Other players never gave up, the older ones are not letting thing give up too, quite evident from 2017's win in Australian Open by Roger Federer. There have been ups and downs in their careers, injuries, challenges, and such, yet pursuit remains same.  
I look at singers, musicians. These folks perform same songs, almost similar music on variety of different occasions. Stage changes, crowd changes, country changes yet the work remains same. Same melody, same cheers from people, same equipments. Isn't it fascinating? Yet, I get bored with same tasks in my routine with same people, same desk, same route. If you know about painters they make same painting over and over again until the idea reflected on canvas is devoid of imperfection. 

Then there are people who I have seen changing career like nothing but cake walk. From combinatorial mathematics to biology, from physics to biology, from physics to software developer to computational biologist. From waiter to photographer to actor as in the case of Boman Irani. The list wouldn't thin out. Ever looked at entrepreneurs? Elon Musk, Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos, the families of Birlas, Tatas, Ambanis, they all have diversified interests. Few ventures failed whereas few took off. My point is people change careers, their preferences all the time. Few make through it, others don't. Some were compelled to drive their careers as their life took toll, some out of curiosity made transition. 

Apparently, I don't seem to enjoy redundancy. I start to wear out if learnings stop, situations don't progress. I feel boxed, rattled. Static situations scare me out. The perception of stability is a far fetched reality to me. I think things, ideas should be dynamic. I don't know how or what's good or bad in this. Perhaps the company or companionship you be in govern this, but again I couldn't never fit myself into anyone's camaraderie, too. I always look for something that is unavailable around me, eventually leading to chase the wind. I'm yet to find a a niche that could help me grow at a static pace, keeping myself in a dynamic environment. Maybe someday I could create that niche for myself since it has been nonexistent.  If not then the pursuit might not never end.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC