Verve

Some years back I was having a conversation with one of many persons I randomly talk, but this one knows how to handle things, questions in crystal clear manner, without letting emotions cloud judgement. Car was filled with pungent cigarette smokes, it was pitch dark save headlights of the car. Conversation was rambling as it always does with me, like me. Broad strokes about so and so, such and such things.
I had noticed that I was going bored at the end of the destination of things, people, pursuits. The last infinitesimally small percentage feels intensely laborious. It's like dragging a sack. Conversation went on this fact I noticed. Person was as cool like a bar tender taking order, with calm head, regardless of the complex nature of ordered drink. Nothing much was said or provided any detailed explanation but merely - don't put your immense efforts in the beginning of the journey. Let things slow, easy. That would allow not to burn your enthusiasm and saves until end of the ride.
I took this advice in a bit childish way that time and I didn't counter it for I felt this I have to ponder over this more, perhaps again have the talk. I wasn't able to get the message and wasn't able to relate with my experiences. Nonetheless, thereafter, again and again during or beginning of things I played the advice innumerable times in the back of my mind, go slow, don't put mountainous efforts. It helped, it does really. That advice was worth working upon.

This another day, again, I was having an interesting conversation about things, life, conflicts, career path. Missing parts were evening, soaked air of charred tobacco. Anyway, this person is another ultra cool human beings I have ever had the opportunity to meet, talk. We were aware of the things I take situations in, absolute way - either best or the worst. I knew this in the back of my mind and he brought this upon, shared he too has this flaw and has been trying to work upon since many years. Anyway, he is a genius with explaining things in one-liners. Witty, humorous. He responded, keep your eyes on the prize. If you've it in you and you could work your way towards goal start small, say grade-B employer, university admit. Accomplish what you aim for by starting from small platform. Don't wear out the verve in reaching to the best for that's just the beginning of the place for your destination.
I think latter one is more about taking things with little compromise, adjusting and tuning up for further journey.

I some how enjoy such conversations, to keep the energy before it dies out. It gives a different perspective to things, people, and of course life.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in snow

Books from yesteryear

Around DC