Adventurous Monday

This is not what I had signed up for. Alas, what is the worth of it doing!? After all, why do it? What would I accomplish from this? Is this what I'm ..., with that I fling another swearing.  Hurling more curses, adjusting and kicking on the chair, I try to focus on my monitor screen,  an over illuminated one. Monitor so agonizingly bright that I might want to wear sun glasses and work for some time, and perhaps hide swollen eyes which refused to open up on the name of Monday. Yikes!!


With that, Monday for most, if not all, begins a gory first day of the week. May Lord help to elucidate what went over Sunday that drove to such an awful worn-out yet sunny, and shiny Monday. Having unable to demystify of went past day, I pour a hot brewing cup of coffee. Savoring it, stirring melting the un-melted sugar, gazing at it - forcing my eyes to adjust, smelling, soaking in the bean smell mustering power to beat numbness. 

Despite futile attempts, trudging into the black hole of couple of files, directories; opening, closing, doing and then undoing, nothing seems to pull me back to the work life.  Couple of greetings, smiles flashed, talks exchanged, all but nothing has so far been capable to revive lost energy and rekindle desire to work at full throttle.

Pushing myself hard, I gaze at mails striving to beat Sunday's over done rest, sipping coffee, and there pops a mail of important things to be accomplished, eek.! I re-read it, mark it as unread, pour down the residual coffee, trying to make sense of the mail, if I can. With that mail resting in my inbox and throwing me to an unrest, I rush to pour another mesmerizing cup of coffee, making myself determined to defeat whatsoever comes in my way, but I shall make sense of the mail, and incapacitate important things as if they were a cake walk. Time passes by, few things made sense, making couple of assumptions from meaningful things for things that went past over my head I enter into work world, cautiously, humph. 
Day rolls over into more things to do, pumping motivation to leave drowsiness, changing brightness in vain, playing around with coffee stir stick. Time clocks out into lunch time, by that time it's almost half day. I enjoy the meal, without any second thought to overcome sleep calls, there comes another hot coffee. Having realized so less has been done, I roll up my sleeves on little understood things from mail, on whatever is on my plate to do. 

With fresh enthusiasm, I walk in the aisle, couple of times, moving into a soliloquy, brainstorming from half understood things, assembling how to tackle tasks, successfully. Making a list of dubious things to ask in meeting, I move ahead with a resolution to finish important stuff of the incomprehensible e-mail by the end of the day. Laying out stuff to be done by the weekend, passing ball into another court and again having that ball in my court with a different ball of wax, woot! I strike off due things, adding more things to do, I breathe in an air to calm down. With few chit chats, clearing the clouds, day melts in a new beginning of the week. 

By the time I realize it's time to sign off, I've accomplished important things of mysterious mails, and with a smug smile I shut off the shamelessly over illuminated monitor. I pack over, promising to not repeat this madness of eleventh hour. Bidding see-offs, I think back should I repeat craziness of end moment? Hmm, it was not a boring day, rather adventurous Monday it had been. With that thought, I tromp back to my apartment, escaping into thoughts for the stuff to be done next day.    














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC