Podcast

I didn’t know until I saw this on twitter or some platform (matrimony?) that podcast is a thing. This took further interest when Elon Musk showed up on a podcast lit a joint that was talked over the social media. I started watching (listening) podcast since the COVID-19 lockdown went into place. I watched a lot in the beginning from the Joe Rogan (YouTube). His podcasts cover wide array of people such as finance, comic artists, sportspersons, movie actors, economics, professional poker players, any field, any genre. He can talk to anyone for long durations; I think the longest I heard was close to three hours. I absolutely love the way he gets into the conversations, he without any long pauses or any other fillers moves back to the point he initially had wanted to. The podcast shapes like a water in a vase, any form as long as the water keeps flowing in it will transform. Even if he doesn’t have deep interest in anyone’s field he would still be able to get details, a superficial idea of things to keep the talk going on in a funny way or in an informative manner. Joe has been a sports commentator for Mixed Martial arts (MMA), a stand-up comedian all these sets a huge backdrop of him blabbering things in a fluid manner with no head or tail yet the conversation moves on.

I can’t recall at what time or after how many episodes, but eventually I observed he gets into fitness or little derision (or sexist?) of women over photo posing, people with less physical activity, same train of thoughts over getting in shape. Hey, he has been a sports player so very much accepted but you get an idea as more and more you follow his talks. However, he maintains these with certain people, and doesn’t let it pass, for example when speaking with Sen. Bernie Sanders he didn’t brush upon these at all. He has a weird devil laugh, at times a good sense of humor for me. He has brought and opened many things which I never knew or heard of, for instance, scientology (a cult). It is simply incredible when he can provide so much of information with sense (that is rarity) free over the internet from anything: lifestyle, ethics, hardships, philosophy (yea!?) and many more. He maneuvers questions in a simple manner with a high curiosity which many times is funny keeping conversation lucid and livid at the same time. The person on the other side also feels delighted if he/she is being asked in a jovial manner about things that are like a cake walk in their life. What is more beautiful is he does all this with no notes (as far as I could see), isn't that coveted to talk like that?


I’ve learned many things from his podcast on several things, words, people their work ethics, their success, their ideologies, US tax system, US political system and many more things. But I believe one of the things I’ve been learning from him is to steer conversation, smoothly, not to interrupt (I wish I can learn more and more, often). I cannot not stop learning if something is free and improves well-being or is informative in any manner, or even if not anything why cannot I enjoy and laugh?  

 

Wouldn’t it be cool to achieve something of a level to be on a podcast with Joe Rogan?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC