Review: Troublemaker

I bought Troublemaker by Linda Howard on kindle as this was shown on my home screen. I purchased it looking at the ratings, title and thought to give a try as the author was unheard of. I finished reading it in around ten days and the reason I read it so quickly was that I had wanted to see when the title of book plays role. 

The book begins with an attack on Morgan who works for an agency. In his journey to recover from a near-fatal attack he meets Bo (Isabelle) in a sub-urban Virginia town who is a police chief of town.  Book traverses how Morgan and Bo fall into love, flirt and how a lovely dog gets to be a focal point of plot.
Novel is set in a small town where author does an A-OK job about case which Bo as a chief leads but nothing fancy about it. I'm truly disappointed the way book progresses. The book erroneously and perpetually revolves over the golden retriever dog (Tricks). With all due respect I love dogs and golden is my favorite. Dog's food time, dog's nature call, dog's nose on private parts, even tricks in a bed scene, from shower to dog's favorite toy were greatly written. The author could have done a better job rather focusing on dog only. It's close to reading a dog book save some humans here and there. The best part about the book was written really well about Morgan: his attack, his job description and mystery which is solved with his acumen. There were parts of the book where humor was nicely interweaved with flirting and romance between Bo and Morgan but that was the all the book could offer. 

Troublemaker was definitely not the troublemaker in plot but a troublemaker to make any sense when reading. Genre of the book was romantic, suspense but it's hard to believe any of them were captured throughout the length of the book with any suaveness. I'd not recommend this book to someone who likes books with a gripping plot.
I'd not rate this book more than 2.5 on a scale of 5. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in snow

Books from yesteryear

Around DC