Slumbers

I wake up in the middle of night to hear someone call me from another room. I wake up in the middle of night to have someone ask if I'm doing fine, and allay me to sleep back. I wake up to pull my blanket, to wrestle it with myself. I wake up in the middle of night to see if the night has been crawling toward twilight. I wake up from my nightmares. I wake up to gulp down water even though I'm not thirsty. I wake up to see someone has texted, mailed, pinged. I wake up in the middle of night to wait for the dawn to hit, and have me out of the bed, to get me away from the abysmally long nights. I wake up to see if the clock hands can have me wait more before I begin my day. I wake up in the middle of night to listen to the deafening silence broken by clock's second hand. I wake up to see if it is still snowing out there. I wake up to see if the rain will stop before I walk out for the work. I wake up to shut off the cooling. I wake up to see if I've missed anyone's call. I wake up weeping from nightmares. I wake up to talk to someone, but recede in silently. I wake up to call someone for the nightmares to be insanely flawed. I wake up to put the dishes inside fridge. I wake up to wipe off my tears from horrifying dreams. I wake up to wrap myself tightly in blanket. I wake up in the middle of night to have myself assured everything is fine. I wake up night to think of my loved ones. I wake up to cry my eyes out. I wake up to step in my balcony feel the gusts slapping on my face. I wake in the middle of night to reduce heating. I wake up in the middle of night to think of the day ahead. I wake up in the middle of night to reply to someone. I wake up in the middle of night, to smile, and hush myself back to sleep. I wake up in the middle of night to fight my fears. I wake up in the middle of night to be cognizant of reality. I wake up in the middle of night to hear to dog's yelp. I wake up to see christmas, Diwali lightings. I wake up to have me run away from the nightmares. I wake up in the middle of night to put things on place for the morning. I wake up in the middle of night to write something. I wake up in the middle of night to switch off the speakers. I wake up from the body aches. I wake up from the fright if I've overslept. I wake up to confirm if I've enough time to sleep before I hit washroom. I wake up at night to feel the euphoria of night. I wake up in the middle of night to have me stronger for another night. I wake up in the middle of night from my numbed hand. I wake up in the middle of night to face another day. I wake up to toss around. I wake up to turn off the lights. I wake up from my sweat due to high temperature set. I wake up in the middle of night to eat something.  I wake up in the night to scream my thoughts out. I wake up from the grogginess. I wake up to run away from the reality. I wake up in the middle of night to have me going ceaselessly to seize whatever I want. I wake up in the middle of night from the worry of my work. I wake up in the middle of night from the cringe of VISA documentation. I wake up in the middle of night to think of the times where all these were absent. I wake up to carve out myself tough. I wake up in the middle of night from the sky rending roars of aircraft. I wake up in the middle of night from bunch of drunk university juntas talking garbled things out in the floor aisle. I wake up in the middle of night from the thunder of lightning struck in the clouds. I wake up in the middle of night to think of the endless list of what ifs. I wake up in the middle of night to remember something which I can't recall properly. I wake up from the cold on my uncovered feet. I wake up in the middle of night to listen to the sound of rain. I wake up to hear the drag of watchman's wooden stick.  I wake up to Sigh...........


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC