Autopsy en route to improve writing skills

Pic 1: Writing gets me!
I had involuntarily threw in the towel to get back to writing. Um, but this harassed me all day, entire time at my work place, nightmares each night, wherever I was, for I'm not doing what I'm not good at yet I strive to get a hold of my writing skills by reading a lot, lot here implies thick classic novels of all time. Writing had me interested yesteryears, to which I've no account.  For me writing should have been a medium to articulate what goes on around me, travels, few lessons here and there, but rather it had me going hither and thither ( as in pic 1).
It started to take a great amount of time, for I'm a person who sticks to a certain thing to improve leaving all the remaining stuff until polishing is done. Uh.! But it's really hard to get every petty thing to an impeccable quality. Rather it works the other way round, get an initial draft, release and then toil in to improve existing piece.
Next, to get into a second language writing too, have been an uphill task, not that I'm excellent in Hindi; but taking that factor into account, also adds difficulty. Sigh. Less whining. Ahem.
Considering all these, lack of time, proper sleep, household chores among others, I hesitantly pulled myself off to not scribble, but to no good that has helped me.

Pic 2: NO effort
Of late I've been reading a lot beside novels, reading on 'How -To, why, what' from different posts, articles, Quora, which has been an excellent source by any means. Because I couldn't get the thought of not working of improving writing skills. Wherever you're in science, consultancy, research, business, presentation, you name it, writing skills are a vital armor in your paraphernalia, no generalization intended here. And the summary of the these how-to articles was to begin at some point, and be consistent.

Still intrigued, I spoke to my colleague, who writes, and works on lots of research grants, and can seamlessly write ( as in pic 2). Yep, that's the way he/she makes the work go, tak-tak-tak-..-tak - effortlessly. Couple of times I asked him/her what's the secret to your writing skills. To which he/she replied that he/she has been working on writing from the beginning of teen age, then things started rolling of, for she was interested. Skipping other accomplishments of his/hers, I'd bring post back to me.
Pic 3: Truly said
That brings me to to square one of refining skills. Should I'm interested to do something, then efforts are to be put in that respective direction. Of course everything needs, demands time, be it be body building, coding, writing, swimming, achieving a speed of 150 KMP in bowling, securing a good rank, scoring high marks,  or any other thing. Every expert was once a beginner as the old adage goes. And after all there's no auspicious day, or time to begin something to which you're genuinely interested ( pic 3). In the end things are many times governed how self driven you're. Period.
Pic 4: Yikes
Now that I'm through to the autopsy carried out in last months on how to work through writing skills, I decided to blog to again kick start and hone skills.
I hope to carry and continue my enthusiastic approach in future and not got into an awful state like the one in pic 4. Tee-hee.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC