The Atlanta diaries

Alright Dear reader(s), after a long time I have found time to write; shan't give any excuse(s) though. It has been 5+ months I moved to the States for my higher education.
Time passes away like a flash of light; memories flood in of friends and family leaving at airport, the packing madness, the shopping spree and endless list of things, the spices and you name it. After a gap of 2 years, oh No; rather I would say 6 years (no studies in college as well); the excitement, the thrill, the enthusiasm to plunge into studies was and is still inside me.

Well.This post is dedicated to the recent snow fall in Atlanta, yes, Atlanta too faced the harsh cold. The school was closed for 2 DAYS, you read me correct 2 Days. 
Snow capped ground!
The morning initiated with no sunlight and the usual sub-zero temperature heavily equipped with chilly winds. Day kick started with no less crankiness for assignments, group project(s) and an attempt to reach on time for early-morning class.
Things moved, few students shouted- wait this is nothing, there will be snowfall; happiness pumped in. Yes, I belong to Central India, have never ever seen Snow until this day, although off late, there were few instances of snow flurries, but do they count? No. 
It started getting more dark and snow flurries began. Few attempts made to capture them but all in vain. Friends and family members again disappointed as I couldn't send pictures. Even attempts to hold them wasted away.
Chucking it, I kept looking at the flurries from window, it was one of the most adorable moments I have had here. It was almost the same feel which most of us have seen in cartoons or Indian movies depicting snow. Gradually, we got mail(s) for campus closing in afternoon; an anxiety built upon and the verve to have the next class cancelled. Nothing happened, class went on, I kept relishing the flurries from the nearest window, which eventually transformed into snow. Now and then I concentrated on lecture, and greedily waited for the lecture to end, thought the snow would just get over as soon as I go out to play with it.
Pic from a window in class. Batch mates!
Professor wrapped off the class on Time with a look outside the window, oh it looks pretty. 
Hell ya.! lets go. 

Running, I pushed doors for the area where my batch mates were playing and capturing the most beautiful moments. I stood and awed at nature's one of the super amazing thing. Few snow flakes went in my mouth, few fell over my pull over, few over my spectacles. The actual happiness was on my face.
Before I could gather senses, snow fight started. 
No, yes, yes!!, let me do, sprinting, screaming, pulling and making snow balls; behaving like children we kept our snow fight going on, until all were super cold and hands went numb.
Kids helping their mother to build Snow Man. They relentlessly helped until they finally made it

Announcement was made for campus shut down,  no option was left to but to make our way with careful walk back to apartment. It was crystal clear assignments, homework wouldn't be touched tonight.
More snow covered areas were looked on. Gearing up for another round of snow fight more woolens were dressed up. We went to try few of the popular stuff - snow angel, sliding, and making traditional snow man.
Things rolled before it was dark and by then all of us were exhausted.

It was an amazing day that wasn't never ever imagined could happen in Atlanta. All thanks to Nature and my rocking batch mates, without whom, I wouldn't have enjoyed to the full.!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inferno - worth a read?

Standing in snow

Around DC